Tuesday 10 January 2012

Pollyanna Project



My lovely mother-in-law, Jane, shared with me yesterday evening something she heard about starting each day (before you even get out of bed!) by thinking of five things that you are grateful for.  The conscious act of cultivating an “attitude of gratitude” right from the get-go is supposed to create some positive momentum for the day (sounds reasonable doesn’t it?). I think it’s a great idea. It is (unfortunately) pretty easy for me to focus on the less shiny aspects of my life (makes me think I should read Pollyanna again. That girl could make anything radiate a silver lining). So, as well as “counting my blessings”, I am also going to try to play “the glad game” (as Pollyanna called it) and put a positive spin on negative things. This way, I will not only be reflecting upon the obvious blessings in my life, but I will also be learning to see the good in every situation—even those that don’t seem so wonderful on the surface. Wish me perspective and luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment